About the course
This highly effective 2-day Becoming a Skilled Auditor (Internal/External) Team Leader–The Practical Approach gives participants the practical skills they need to successfully lead and conduct compliance audits within their own organisation or on their suppliers.
This Course is designed to produce skilled auditors who through use of the latest auditing techniques, will be ready to apply their auditing skills to your business. It is now globally recognised that a tailor-made, robust and effective management system is a highly effective business improvement tool. Can your organisation afford not to have highly trained auditing professionals as part of the team?
As a quality manager-do you want:
- the latest auditing techniques to better plan, implement, report and monitor internal audits as part of the effective management systems required in all types of businesses.
- an understanding of aspects of auditing of management systems, processes, records, and products and services resulting from those systems and processes
Effective internal auditing is a requirement of ISO19011.
This internal auditor training meets Exemplar Global competency units AU and TL
Book you course with AOQ with confidence and you receive;
- A free licensed copy of the Standard ISO 9001:2015 Quality management systems – Requirements
- All Learning materials and refreshments provided.
- Internationally recognised courses.
- Trainers are practising audit professionals.
- No homework.
- Certificates are issued promptly upon course completion.
- We never cancel a course.
This two-day interactive learning workshop explores the process of auditing. The topics will include:
- Auditor attributes
- Audit planning
- The audit process/steps:
- follow-up and
- Leading an internal audit team.
- Interpersonal relationships during the audit process
- Auditing - What is it?
- The roles and responsibilities of an Auditor and an Audit Team Leader
- The 6 auditing principles from the Audit Standard ISO 19011
- Planning an effective audit and the audit timetable
- The three key skills of an Auditor:
- Communication skills,
- interview techniques, and
- questioning methods
- Setting the audit criteria, scope and objectives
- Developing effective audit checklists
Day 2The Audit
- How to conduct an opening meeting
- objective evidence and good note taking
- Reviewing auditing scenarios
- Writing audit findings including nonconformities and non-compliances
- Presenting a closing meeting
- Compiling a meaningful audit report
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate of Attainment for 2 Exemplar Global competencies:
- Exemplar Global AU – Management systems auditing
- Exemplar Global TL – Leading management systems audit teams
In addition, this course has the equivalent of 16 Professional Development (PD) points.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Prior experience in auditing and management systems is not required.
This course has no homework or take-home assessment.
Throughout the course, you will complete a series of workshops which form the bulk of the assessment. A short multiple-choice exam at the completion of each module confirms the knowledge and understanding gained.
You will receive continual assistance and feedback from our friendly trainers.
This is a public course – you don’t have to be a member of AOQ to register. The course is designed to cater to people who need to be involved in auditing, system development or system maintenance. You should attend if you:
- want to become an internal management systems auditor
- want to become a 3rd party management systems auditor
- need to write and implement a management system
- are involved in the management systems process
- are managers responsible for their management system or management system auditing
- wish to consolidate their existing knowledge into a formal qualification
Where to from here?
This 2-day course forms the first module of each of our 4 day specific management system auditing courses. The second 2 day module can be either Quality, Environmental, OHS systems, or Food Safety respectively.
At the completion of this course you may wish to increase your qualifications by completing one or more of these second modules and be able to register as a;
- Quality Management Systems Auditor
- Environmental Management Systems Auditor
- Occupational Health and Safety Auditor or
- Food Safety Auditor
With the exception of Food Safety, these additional Module/s can be attended during the same week of training as this course or separately as desired.
The additional module for Food Safety Management Systems (CODEX, HACCP and ISO 22000) may be attended separately.
To become a registered third-party, or external auditor with Exemplar Global, completing this course is the first step. Once you have obtained the relevant Exemplar Global schemes, you can follow either a qualification based or competency based certification path.
For a full explanation of the requirements to become certified contact Exemplar Global, http://exemplarglobal.org/ or please contact us for more information.
AOQ offers an easy, streamlined enrolment process – you can either enrol directly into your course online, simply click on the Book Now button or call us on 1300 728 260 to enrol over the phone and request an invoice.
$1395 (incl gst) per attendee.
Discounts for multiple attendees are available.
How to pay
We offer a variety of payment methods:
- Directly on line Book Now
- Direct debit - call us on 1300 728 260 to request an invoice.
- Cheque - call us on 1300 728 260 to request an invoice.
Please be aware that your certificate will be held until full payment has been received.
Public – face-to-faceOur regular public courses are conducted in capital cities and some key regional centres in Australia and New Zealand. You will enjoy an excellent learning experience in a premium training venue, and:
- Class sizes are kept to manageable numbers – so everybody learns
- No homework! All work is completed in course time – we know you’re busy
- No major exam – we assess you as you go
In-houseIn-house training can provide a cost-effective training solution for organisations with a number of staff who require training. We can also customise a course to suit your own individual needs, and include your own audit documentation. Call us on 1300 728 260 for a quote and to discuss your individual training needs.
Training Course Locations...
Queen Street, Brisbane
Watermans Quay, Sydney
Riverside Quay Southbank, Melbourne
Franklin Street, Adelaide
St Georges Tce, Perth
Sydney Av, Canberra
Darwin Waterfront, Darwin
Queen St, Auckland NZ