About the course
This 5 day EMS and OH&S Lead Auditor Course will provide you with the knowledge, skills and tools to implement, and maintain, a combined EMS and OH&S system. In addition you will learn how to lead an audit of a combined System in accordance with ISO 19011:2011 Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems 19011 Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems
This course will qualify you for the Exemplar Global modules EM, OH, AU, TL and has the equivalent of 36 Professional Development (PD) points.
Book you course with AOQ with confidence and you receive;
- Free licensed copies of ISO 14001:2015 Environmental management systems – Requirements with guidance for use, and
- ISO 45001:2018 OHS management systems – Specifications with guidance for use
- All Learning materials and refreshments provided.
- Internationally recognised courses.
- Trainers are practising audit professionals.
- No homework.
- Certificates are issued promptly upon course completion.
- We never cancel a course.
After successful completion of this very popular and practical course, you will have a thorough understanding of:
- Environmental Management Standard ISO 14001
- Occupational Health and Safety Standard 45001
- New risk-based thinking and its application to modern management systems
- The process approach and its benefits to business
- Life-cycle assessment and its implications for an organisation’s environmental aspects
- Effective and timely HIRAC processes
This course is divided into 3 modules, enabling participants to attend all modules in the one week, or spread across different sessions. The first 2 day module is equivalent to our ‘Becoming a Skilled Lead Internal/External Auditor’ course, and teaches participants to conduct a management systems audit. The remaining modules cover Environmental and OHS management system requirements respectively.
Introduction to Management Systems Auditing
- Introduction to auditing
- Roles and responsibilities of an auditor
- Principles and procedures of auditing
- Planning a Management Systems audit
- Communication skills and interview techniques
- Setting appropriate audit objectives, goals, and criteria
- Documentation requirements
Management Systems Auditing
- How to ensure that audits add value to an organisation
- Auditing as a Team Leader
- Effective audit evidence
- Difference between Corrective and Preventive actions
- Management Systems auditing scenarios
- Developing the audit report and writing audit findings
Management Systems underpinning knowledge
- Scope of Quality, Environmental, and OHS systems within an Integrated Management System
- The importance of risk-based thinking and the process approach
- Organizational context and its implications for a management system
- Requirements of ISO 9001:2015 as underpinning knowledge of management system requirements
Environmental and OHS Management Systems
- Requirements of ISO 14001
- Life cycle management within Environmental management systems
- Environmental Aspects and Impacts
- Requirements of ISO 45001
- The application of HIRAC within an organisation
- Organisational Hazards and Controls
- Review of Environmental and OHS Management System requirements
- Environmental and OHS audit scenarios
- Course review
Upon successful completion of the course, each participant will receive a Certificate of Attainment which identifies the 4 Exemplar Global competencies below:
- Exemplar Global AU – Management systems auditing
- Exemplar Global TL – Leading management systems audit teams
- Exemplar Global EM – Environmental management systems
- Exemplar Global OH 45001 – Occupational Health and Safety management systems
This course has the equivalent of 36 Professional Development (PD) points.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Prior experience in auditing and quality management systems is not required.
Throughout the course, you will complete a series of workshops which form the bulk of the assessment. A short multiple-choice exam at the completion of each module confirms the knowledge and understanding gained. You will receive continual assistance and feedback from the trainer.
No homework or take-home assessment
Designed to cater to a variety of people currently involved in auditing Environmental and OHS Management System process.
You should attend if you:
- want to become an internal Environmental and OHS auditor
- want to become a 3rd party Environmental and OHS auditor
- need to write and implement an Environmental and OHS management system
- are involved in the Environmental and OHS management process
- are managers responsible for their Environmental and OHS management system and auditing
- wish to consolidate their existing knowledge into a formal qualification
Prior experience in auditing and management systems is not required.
Where to from here?
If you wish to become a registered third-party, or external Quality, Environmental, OHS, or Integrated Management Systems auditor with Exemplar Global, completing this course is the first step.
Once you have obtained the Exemplar Global competencies from this course, you can follow either a qualification-based certification path, or competency-based. For a full explanation of the requirements to become certified with Exemplar Global click; https://exemplarglobal.org/certification/, or contact us for more information.
Competencies for Food Safety Management Systems may be attended separately.
AOQ offers an easy, streamlined enrolment process – you can either enrol directly on this website, Book Now
call us on 1300 728 260 to enrol over the phone and request an invoice.
Price: $2,995 (incl gst) per attendee.
Discounts for multiple attendees are available - call us on 1300 728 260.
How to pay
We offer a variety of payment methods:
- On line via our Checkout
- Direct debit
Phone us for an invoice.
Public – face-to-face
Our regular public courses are conducted in all capital cities and key regional centres in Australia and New Zealand. You will enjoy an excellent learning experience in a premium training venue, and:
- Class sizes are kept to manageable numbers – so everybody learns
- No homework! All work is completed in course time – we know you’re busy
- No major exam – we assess you as you go
Our public training courses are valuable opportunities for professional development and networking. They are also the perfect way to convert your current experience into formal qualifications for either career advancement or a complete career change.
Our Trainers are practising auditors and experts in their field. They deliver practical and real world auditing experiences.
In-house training can provide a cost-effective training solution for organisations with a number of staff who require training. We can also customise a course to suit your own individual needs, and include your own audit documentation.
Call us on 1300 728 260 for a quote and to discuss your individual training needs.
Training Course Locations...
Queen Street Brisbane
Watermans Quay, Sydney
Riverside Quay Southbank, Melbourne
Franklin Street, Adelaide
St Georges Tce, Perth
Sydney Av, Canberra
Darwin Waterfront, Darwin
Queen St, Auckland NZ