About the course
This 2.5 day course is ideally suited to those who have to develop, implement, maintain, improve, or manage environmental management systems aligned to ISO 14001.
This course will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the Environmental Management Standard whatever your need and give you the tools and techniques to identify and implement effective controls that meet the Standard’s requirements for certification.
Upon successful completion you will have qualified for the Exemplar Global module EM (Environmental Management), and has the equivalent of 16 Professional Development (PD) points.
Book you course with AOQ with confidence and you receive;
- All Learning materials and refreshments provided.
- Internationally recognised courses.
- Trainers are practising audit professionals.
- No homework.
- Certificates are issued promptly upon course completion.
- We never cancel a course.
This is a very popular and practical course, and after successful completion you will have a thorough understanding of:
- The requirements of the Environmental Management Standard ISO 14001:2015
- New risk-based thinking and its application to modern management systems
- The process approach and its benefits to business
- Life-cycle assessment and its implications for an organisation’s environmental aspects
Management systems – what are they?
- History of ISO and the high level structure
- Organisational context – external and internal
- Customers, workers, the community, and shareholders
- Risk-based thinking, the process approach
- Modern management systems
- ISO 9001:2015 as underpinning knowledge for ISO 14001
Environmental Management Systems
- Enhanced environment performance
- Risk-based environmental aspects and impacts
- Life cycle assessment
- Requirements of ISO 14001:2015
- Auditing against ISO 14001:2015
- Finish at 12.30pm
- Review of Environmental Management System requirements
- EMS audit scenarios
- Writing up findings
- Course review
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate of Attainment which identifies the following Exemplar Global competency:
- Exemplar Global EM – Environmental management systems
This course has the equivalent of 16 Professional Development (PD) points
This course has no prerequisites.
Prior experience in Environmental Management Systems is not required.
This course has no homework or take-home assessment.
Throughout the course, you will complete a series of workshops which form the bulk of the assessment. A short multiple-choice exam at the completion of each module confirms the knowledge and understanding gained.
You will receive continual assistance and feedback from our friendly trainers.
This course is designed to cater to people who need to be involved in environmental management systems, system development or system maintenance. You should attend if you:
- need to write and implement an Environmental management system
- are involved in the Environmental management process
- are managers responsible for their Environmental management system
- wish to consolidate their existing knowledge into a formal qualification
Where to from here?
This 2.5-day course forms the second module of our 4 day Environmental Systems auditing course.
At the completion of this course you may wish to increase your qualifications by adding the first module and be able to register as an Environmental Management Systems Auditor
The additional Module can be attended during the same week of training as this course or separately as desired.
To become a registered third-party, or external auditor with Exemplar Global, completing this course is the first step. Once you have obtained the relevant Exemplar Global schemes, you can follow either a qualification based or competency based certification path.
For a full explanation of the requirements to become certified, contact Exemplar Global, http://exemplarglobal.org/ or contact us on 1300 728 260 for more information.
AOQ offers an easy, streamlined enrolment process – you can either enrol directly online via the checkout on this web site, or call us on 1300 728 260 to enrol over the phone.
- $1,895 (incl gst) per attendee.
- Discounts for multiple attendees are available.
How to pay
We offer a variety of payment methods:
- Direct online via the checkout on this website
- Cheque – Call us to request an invoice
- Direct Debit or
- Call us on 1300 728 260 to register and request an invoice.
Please be aware that your certificate will be held until full payment has been received.
Please go through the registration process for EACH individual that is being registered. If you are registering someone else, please be sure to supply the participant's details when completing the registration details - not your own. You may register for more than one course at a time.
Public – face-to-face
Our regular public courses are conducted in all capital cities and key regional centres in Australia and New Zealand. You will enjoy an excellent learning experience in a premium training venue, and:
- Class sizes are kept to manageable numbers – so everybody learns
- No homework! All work is completed in course time – we know you’re busy
- No major exam – we assess you as you go
Our public training courses are valuable opportunities for professional development and networking. They are also the perfect way to convert your current experience into formal qualifications for either career advancement or a complete career change.
Our Trainers are practising auditors and experts in their field. They deliver practical and real world auditing experiences.
In-house training can provide a cost-effective training solution for organisations with a number of staff who require training. We can also customise a course to suit your own individual needs, and include your own audit documentation.
Call us on 1300 728 260 for a quote and to discuss your individual training needs.
Training Course Locations...
Queen Street, Brisbane
Watermans Quay, Sydney
Riverside Quay Southbank, Melbourne
Franklin Street, Adelaide
St Georges Tce, Perth
Sydney Av, Canberra
Darwin Waterfront, Darwin
Queen St, Auckland NZ