Quality and OH&S Management Systems Lead Auditor
In this course, learn how to conduct integrated management system audits on a combined Quality and OH&S management system in accordance with ISO 19011:2011 Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems.
About the course
The course provides a comprehensive and practical understanding of how to conduct successful internal or external audits of a combined Quality and OHS management system, either as part of an audit team or as the team leader. We focus in particular on the principles and procedures of auditing, the importance of planning, the roles and responsibilities of an auditor, how to gather effective audit evidence and report on the audit findings, and the required follow up activities as an auditor.
Additionally, our course will provide you with the knowledge to build, implement, and maintain a management system that meets the requirements of both ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems, and ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. Combining these two requirements into a single management systems works for the benefit of the organisation, ensuring streamlined processes and reduced duplication.
With the release of the Quality Management 2015 Standard and the OHS 2018 Standards, it is a great time to learn how to implement the new approaches ahead of your next audit, or in anticipation of transitioning to your new risk-based system.
This course has the equivalent of 36 Professional Development (PD) points.
Book you course with AOQ with confidence and you receive;
- A free licensed copy of the Standard ISO 9001:2015 Quality management systems – Requirements and
- ISO 45001:2018 OHS management systems – Specifications with guidance for use.
- All Learning materials and refreshments provided.
- Internationally recognised course.
- Trainers are practising audit professionals.
- No homework.
- Certificates are issued promptly upon course completion.
- We never cancel a course.
This is a very popular and practical course, and after successful completion you will have a thorough understanding of:
- The principles and procedures of auditing
- Auditor roles and responsibilities
- How to plan an effective audit
- Interpersonal skills and personal behaviours of an auditor
- New risk-based thinking and its application to modern management systems
- The process approach and its benefits to business
- The integration of the customer into organisational processes
- Effective and timely HIRAC processes
This course is divided into two modules, enabling participants to attend both modules in the one week, or spread across different sessions. The first 2 day module is equivalent to our ‘Becoming a Skilled Lead Internal/External Auditor’ course, and teaches participants to conduct a management systems audit. The remaining module covers the requirements of both Quality and OHS management systems, as per ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 respectively.
Introduction to Management Systems Auditing
- Introduction to auditing
- Roles and responsibilities of an auditor
- Principles and procedures of auditing
- Planning a Management Systems audit
- Communication skills and interview techniques
- Setting appropriate audit objectives, goals, and criteria
- Documentation requirements
Management Systems Auditing
- How to ensure that audits add value to an organisation
- Auditing as a Team Leader
- Effective audit evidence
- Difference between Corrective and Preventive actions
- Management Systems auditing scenarios
- Developing the audit report and writing audit findings
Quality Management Systems
- Scope of Quality, Environmental, and OHS systems within an Integrated Management System
- The importance of risk-based thinking and the process approach
- Organizational context and its implications for a management system
- Documentation requirements of ISO 9001
- Auditing requirements of ISO 9001
OHS Management Systems
- Start at 12.30
- Requirements of ISO 45001
- Organizational hazards and controls
- Review of Quality and OHS Management System requirements
- Quality and OHS audit scenarios
- Course review
Upon successful completion, each participant will receive a Certificate of Attainment which identifies the 4 Exemplar Global competencies below:
- Exemplar Global AU – Management systems auditing
- Exemplar Global TL – Leading management systems audit teams
- Exemplar Global QM – Quality management systems
- Exemplar Global OH 45001 – Occupational Health and Safety management systems
This course has the equivalent of 36 Professional Development (PD) points.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Throughout the course, participants will complete a series of workshops which form part of the assessment.
Participants receive continual assistance and feedback from the trainer, and are given anecdotal examples of real world audit situations.
A short multiple-choice exam at the completion of each module assesses the knowledge and understanding gained throughout the training.
There is no homework or take-home assessment.
Designed to cater to a variety of people currently involved in the audit, Quality, and OHS Management System process, you should attend if you:
- want to become an internal Quality and OHS auditor
- want to become a 3rd party Quality and OHS management system auditor
- need to write and implement a Quality and OHS management system
- are involved in the Quality and OHS management process
- are managers responsible for their Quality and OHS management system and auditing
- wish to consolidate their existing knowledge into a formal qualification
Prior experience in auditing and management systems are not required.
Where to from here?
- If you wish to become a registered third-party, or External Quality and OHS Auditor with Exemplar Global, completing this course is the first step. Once you have obtained the Exemplar Global competencies from this course, you can follow either a qualification-based certification path, or competency-based.
- For a full explanation of the requirements to become a Certified Auditor with Exemplar Global click on http://exemplarglobal.org/, or contact us for more information.
- Competencies for Food Safety Management Systems may be attended separately.
AOQ offers an easy, streamlined enrolment process – you can either enrol directly online via the checkout on this web site, Book Now
call us on 1300 728 260 to enrol over the phone and request an invoice.
- Price $2,695 (incl gst) per attendee.
Discounts for multiple attendees are available.
How to pay
We offer a variety of payment methods:
- Direct online via the checkout on this website
- Direct Debit or
- By Cheque
Call us on 1300 728 260 to register and request an invoice.
Public – face to face
Our regular public courses are conducted in capital cities and key regional centres in Australia and New Zealand. You will enjoy an excellent learning experience in a premium training venue, and;
- We never cancel courses – book with confidence
- Class sizes are kept to manageable numbers – so everybody learns
- No homework or take-home assessment! All work is completed in course time – we know you’re busy
- No major exam – we assess you as you go
Our public training courses are valuable opportunities for professional development and networking. They are also the perfect way to convert competency-based experience into formal qualifications for either career advancement or a complete career change.
Our Trainers are practising auditors and experts in their field. They deliver practical and real world auditing experiences.
In House Courses
In house training can provide a cost-effective training solution for organisation’s with a number of staff that require training. We can also customise the course to suit your own individual needs, and include your own audit documentation. Call us on 1300 728 260 for a quote and to discuss your individual training needs.
Training Course Locations...
Queen Street Brisbane
Watermans Quay, Sydney
Riverside Quay Southbank, Melbourne
Franklin Street, Adelaide
St Georges Tce, Perth
Sydney Av, Canberra
Darwin Waterfront, Darwin
Queen St, Auckland NZ